Recycling is important in helping reduce waste to our city's landfills. To achieve it, we need to make sure all of our recycling counts. Here's how to recycle some of your weekly meal delivery packaging:
The White Box
- All of our boxes are 100 percent recyclable from members of the Sustainable Forestry Initiative.
- Clean off any bits of food and other residue. The labels can be left on.
- Flatten boxes to create extra room in your blue cart. Do not put them in the garbage or blue recycling bags.
The Shiny Liner / Insulation
- You may leave the insulated liners at your doorstep on your next weekly meal delivery date for collection. Our drivers will collect the liners while dropping off your new box.
- Alternatively, you may call us to coordinate a pickup.
- Gel packs are always great to have on hand. You can keep and reuse the gel packs.
- You may also leave them at your doorstep on your next weekly meal delivery date for collection. Our drivers will collect the gel packs while dropping off your new box.
- Our gel packs are water-soluble, non-toxic and non-hazardous. You can clip the corner, discard the gel, and then recycle the plastic covering in your blue cart.
Bottles, Bags, and Containers
- You may remove the labels, rinse, and recycle the plastic portion cups and containers in your blue recycling cart.
- You may also wash and reuse the containers.
For more details on how to recycle within Calgary, please visit the City of Calgary recycling website.