Recycling is important in helping reduce waste to our City's landfills. To achieve it, we need to make sure all of our recycling counts. Here's how to recycle some of your packaging:
The White Box
- All of our boxes are 100% recyclable from members of the Sustainable Forestry Initiative.
- Clean off bits of food and other residue. Labels can be left on.
- Flatten boxes to create extra room in your blue cart. Do not put them in garbage or blue recycling bags.
The Shiny Liner / Insulation
- You may leave the insulated liners at your doorstep on your next delivery date for collection. Our drivers will collect the liners while dropping your new box off.
- Alternatively, you may call us to coordinate a pick up.
- Gel packs are always great to have on hand. You can keep and reuse the gel packs.
- You may also leave them at your doorstep on your next delivery date for collection. Our drivers will collect the gel packs while dropping off new box off.
- Our gel packs are water-soluble, non-toxic and non-hazardous. You can clip the corner, discard the gel, and then recycle the plastic covering in your blue cart.
Bottles Bags & Containers
- You may remove the labels, rinse, and recycle the plastic portion cups and containers in your blue recycle cart.
- You may also wash and reuse. the containers.
For more details on how to recycle within Calgary, please visit the City of Calgary recycling website.