We’re looking for a Kitchen Manager in our Fulfillment Center to oversee our back of house operations. This is an opportunity to grow with a burgeoning food delivery business.
Kitchen Manager Duties
Our kitchen manager is responsible for the overall back of house functions for The Jolly Table Meals. The ideal candidate for this role is one who demonstrates a very high level of organizational and communication skills, an even temperament, a keen eye for quality, honesty, and ability to motivate staff during demanding service periods. You will manage a variety of functions and helping to ensure that back of house work flows and tasks are properly done on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Operational tasks including the ordering of produce and supplies from vendors, management of work schedules, vacations, requests for time off and station rotations of kitchen staff also fall within this role. You will also assist management with hiring, training and providing performance management to kitchen staff.
Job Skills and Requirements
- Customer-Service: Being friendly and courteous will help keep customers coming back.
- Attention to Detail: Supervising multiple aspects of back of house operations of a busy commercial kitchen including: food standards, costs, safety, etc.
- Leadership: Providing leadership to the back of house, rallying our team during heavy shifts, resolving conflicts and getting the job done while ensuring that The Jolly Table is every back house associate’s favorite place to work.
- Management Skills: Good business acumen with the ability to deal with costs, pricing, creating work schedules and more.
- Organizational Skills: Keeping work schedules, shipments, cleaning schedules and more organized is crucial to the job.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Dealing with employee matters, customer needs and stock orders is part of a kitchen managers job. Being able to come up with a solution quickly is a needed skill.
- Speaking Skills: Accurately and easily communicate standards and cooking or food handling methods to staff, give orders and speak with customers clearly.
- Stamina: Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation.
Eligibility to work in Canada is required. Must be at least 18 years old and pass a satisfactory drug and background screening following conditional offer of employment. Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds. Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach with or without reasonable accommodation.
We thank you for your interest. Only selected, qualified candidates will be contacted for follow up.